Skip to main content

UDOM EMMANUEL HOST THANKSGIVING SERVICE IN UYO

By Aniekeme Finbarr

Governor Udom’s Victory Is A Triumph Of Light Over Darkness – Bishop Oyedepo"

Dr. David Oyedpo, founder and presiding bishop of Living Faith Church, also known as Winners’ Chapel delivered a sermon, Wednesday at an interdenominational thanksgiving service at Uyo held in honour of Governor Udom Emmanuel’s victory at the Supreme Court.
Oyedepo said that Udom’s victory at the Supreme Court was a triumph of light over darkness and it was the supreme hand of God that made it possible for the country’s highest court to rule in favour of Udom, of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP).
The service, which held at the Uyo Stadium in the morning was attended by the Governor of Akwa Ibom, Deacon Udom Emmanuel and his wife, Martha, the speaker of the state’s House of Assembly, Onofiok Luke, the Deputy Governor of the State, Mr. Moses Ekpo and former Governor of Akwa Ibom, Senator Godswill Akpabio.
“We are celebrating the victory of light over darkness. What we are celebrating here is the supreme hand of God in the affairs of men. And I also want to say it is important to know why we need to do this. Thanksgiving is a debt we owe for every act of God we experience,” he said.
“I want to acknowledge the privilege to be here to share the word of God and also acknowledge at the same time all our governors, past and present, who are here and all top government functionaries who are in this service.
“Let me congratulate the chief host of this special interdenominational thanksgiving service our own governor who has demonstrated gratitude to God since this service began by dancing and singing and celebrating the faithfulness of God.
“I thank God for the chief host for putting this service together to acknowledge the divine intervention in this state.”
The service was attended by Governors Ayo Fayose of Ekiti, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu, Nyesom Wike of Rivers, Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia, and Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa states. Uche Secondus, acting chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP); Godswill Akpabio, former governor of Akwa Ibom; Peter Obi, former governor of Anambra; Gabriel Suswam, former governor of Benue state, were also in attendance.
Aniekeme Finbarr's photo.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ADITYA KUMAR: LONGEST CAREER AS A BICYCLE TEACHER

MOBILE CYCLE SCHOOL TEACHER ADITYA KUMAR, A GLOBAL HERO I am Aditya Kumar{ born on july 18,1970 } a native of Lucknow, U.P.INDIA. I am honoured by LIMCA BOOK OF RECORDS, 2014 for my Benevolent Service to free education. I have also been awarded NISHAN- E- IMAM HUSSAIN’ AWARD” by Honourable Sh.Ram Naik U.P. Governer.  I am nationally acclaimed social worker known as ` CYCLEGURUJI here because I pedal 60 to 65 km per day to nearby villages on bicycle providing free education to children of slum areas, who have not seen school. I gather children and teach basic Hindi, English, Mathematics . I take classes from 8 am to 7 pm daily. I take classes in number of slum areas nearby. I am not charging any fees, I am proud to say that my students are highly placed in Private and Government departments .   I realized the condition of the low-income families children, without education. This thought came into my mind and I started teaching poor children. I am giving education to ...

KEY ACHIEVEMENTS OF JONATHAN ADMINSTRATION (MID-TERM REVIEW 2011-2013)

KEY ACHIEVEMENTS OF JONATHAN ADMINISTRATION DEMOCRACY AT WORK In response to the challenges of military dictatorship in Nigeria, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) was formed by like-minded individuals to mobilize Nigerians to build a nation responsive to the aspirations of its people. In the past 15 years, the Peoples Democratic Party has been at the center of democratic governance in the country.  Within this numbers of years, many has attempted to discredited PDP government as not making any achievable impacts since 1999 but it is worthy to note   that the Party has deliver on its mandate in line with the vision of the founding fathers and its manifesto. From President Olusegun Obasanjo to the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua and now President Goodluck Jonathan administration, PDP had recorded landmark achievements in all sectors of the economy. From the onset, Obasanjo was able to attract technocrats and Nigerian expatriates to his administration...

ABEL DAMINA IS NOW FROM ITU LGA OF AKWA IBOM STATE

Owing to his steadfastness and commitment to reorienting the minds of the people of Akwa Ibom State since the late 80's through sound Gospel teachings, Governor Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom State has directed that a certificate of origin from Itu Local Government Area be issued to Dr. Abel Damina to henceforth authenticate his stay in Akwa Ibom state as an indigene. Governor Udom, Speaker Onofiok Luke with Abel Damina's family Governor Emmanuel said this yesterday at the Silver Jubilee m arriage anniversary of Drs. Abel and Rachel Damina which took place at the Power City International, 98 Nwaniba road, Uyo Nigeria. The occasion which was beamed live on Facebook, YouTube and on Kingdom Life Network, the Satellite TV Station operated by Abel Damina Ministries with an estimated international audience of 150 million. The Governor who was visibly elated to be in attendance as the special guest of honour, was accompanied by members of the Akwa Ibom State Ex...